River cottage veg : 200 inspired vegetable recipes / Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall ; photography by Simon Wheeler ; illustrations by Mariko Jesse
- Fearnley-Whittingstall, Hugh
- Additional Titles:
- 200 inspired vegetable recipes
Two hundred inspired vegetable recipes
- Berkeley : Ten Speed Press, 
- First United States edition.
- Physical Description:
- 415 pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Wheeler, Simon de Courcy
- Comfort food & feasts -- Hearty salads -- Raw assemblies -- Hefty soups -- Bready things -- Pantry suppers -- Pasta & rice -- Meze & tapas -- Roast, grill & broil -- Side dishes.
- A comprehensive collection of 200+ recipes that embrace vegetarian cuisine as the centerpiece of a meal, from the leading food authority behind the critically acclaimed River Cottage series. Pioneering champion of sustainable foods Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall embraces all manner of vegetables in his latest cookbook, an inventive offering of more than two hundred vegetable-based recipes, including more than sixty vegan recipes. Having undergone a revolution in his personal eating habits, Fearnley-Whittingstall changed his culinary focus from meat to vegetables, and now passionately shares the joys of vegetable-centric food with recipes such as Kale and Mushroom Lasagna; Herby, Peanutty, Noodly Salad; and Winter Stir-Fry with Chinese Five-Spice. In this lavishly illustrated cookbook, you'll find handy weeknight one-pot meals, pure and simple raw dishes, and hearty salads as well as a chapter of meze and tapas dishes to mix and match. A genuine love of vegetables--from delicate springtime asparagus to wintry root vegetables--permeates River Cottage Veg, making this book an inspiring new source for committed vegetarians and any conscientious cook looking to expand their vegetable repertoire.
- Includes index.
Originally published in slightly different form as: River cottage veg everyday. London : Bloomsbury Pub., 2011.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546061