Guided wave optics and photonic devices [electronic resource] / edited by Shyamal Bhadra, Ajoy Ghatak
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xiv, 538 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Ghatak, A. K. (Ajoy K.), 1939- and Bhadra, Shyamal
- Ch. 1. Concept of modes in optical waveguides / Ajoy Ghatak and K. Thyagarajan -- ch. 2. Modes in optical fibres / Ajoy Ghatak and K. Thyagarajan -- ch. 3. Dispersion in optical fibres / Ajoy Ghatak and Anurag Sharma -- ch. 4. Evolution of specialty optical fibres / Bishnu Pal -- ch. 5. Materials and fabrication technology of rare-earth-doped optical fibres / Mukul Chandra Paul, Anirban Dhar, Mrinmay Pal, Shyamal Bhadra and Ranjan Sen -- ch. 6. Optical fibre amplifiers / K. Thyagarajan -- ch. 7. Erbium-doped fibre lasers / Aditi Ghosh, Deepa Venkitesh and R. Vijaya -- ch. 8. Semiconductor light sources and detectors / M. R. Shenoy -- ch. 9. Silicon-based detectors and sources for optoelectronic devices / Rajkumar Singha and Samit K. Ray -- ch. 10. Advances in packet optical transport in optical networking and broadband transmission / Kumar N. Sivarajan -- ch. 11. Guided-wave fourier optics / Le Nguyen Binh -- ch. 12. Fibre bragg gratings : basic theory / Ajoy Ghatak, Somnath Bandyopadhyay and Shyamal Bhadra -- ch. 13. Photosensitivity, in-fibre grating writing techniques and applications / Mukul Chandra Paul, Somnath Bandyopadhyay, Mrinmay Pal, Palas Biswas and Kamal Dasgupta -- ch. 14. Optical solitons in nonlinear fibre systems : recent developments / K. Porsezian -- ch. 15. Photonic crystal fibre : basic principles of light guidance, fabrication process and applications / Samudra Roy, Debashri Ghosh and Shyamal Bhadra -- ch. 16. Nonlinear optics and physics of supercontinuum generation in optical fibre / J. R. Taylor -- ch. 17. Guided wave plasmonics / A. S. Vengurlekar -- ch. 18. Stratified media for novel optics, perfect transmission and perfect coherent absorption / S. Dutta Gupta -- ch. 19. Nonlinear optical frequency conversion using quasi-phase matching / Kailash C. Rustagi -- ch. 20. Biophotonics : an introduction / P. K. Gupta and R. Dasgupta.
- 9781466506145 (electronic bk.)
1466506148 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546126