Today's army wants to join you
- Corporate Author:
- United States. Army
- [Washington, D.C.] : [United States Army], 1971.
- Physical Description:
- 1 print : halftone letterpress, color ; sheet 97 x 64 cm on metal (poster format)
- Restrictions on Access:
- Unrestricted access.
- The double-sided poster depicts a head and shoulders image of a smiling young African American male wearing a gold tweed sport jacket and white shirt. Superimposed over his chest is the phrase, Today's army wants to join you.
- "RPI-933 October 1971."
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased from R. & A. Petrilla Booksellers, 2013.
- Administrative History:
- The United States Army created recruitment posters in the 1970s to encourage young men to enlist during the Vietnam War. Recruiting Publicity Items (RPIs) are publications used by recruiting personnel to support the Active and Reserve Army national recruiting mission. The Commander of the U.S. Army Accessions Support Brigade is responsible for the distribution of national RPIs.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546149