Islam and the making of the nation [electronic resource] : Kartosuwiryo and political Islam in twentieth-century Indonesia / Chiara Formichi
- Formichi, Chiara, 1982-
- Additional Titles:
- Kartosuwiryo and political Islam in twentieth-century Indonesia, Islam and the making of the nation : Kartosuwiryo and political Islam in 20th-century Indonesia, and Kartosuwiryo and political Islam in 20th-century Indonesia
- Leiden : Kitlv, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 244 pages) : map
- Verhandelingen van het Koninklijk Instituut voor Taal-, Land- en Volkenkunde, 1572-1892 ; 282
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Preface : new perspectives on political Islam in twentieth-century Indonesia -- Planting the seeds : Java, the nationalist movement and Kartosuwiryo in the 1920s -- Political Islam in changing times : Sarekat Islam and Masyumi under the Dutch and Japanese occupations (1930-1945) -- Religious resistance and secular politics : laying the foundations of the Indonesian state (1945-1947) -- Building the Islamic state : from ideal to reality (1947-1949) -- The 'War of the Roses' : the Islamic state and the Pancasila Republic (1949-1962) -- From rebellion to martyrdom? -- Conclusion : the development of political Islam and the making of the Indonesian state.
- 9789067183864, 9789004260467 (electronic book), and 9067183865
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -231) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546193