Family, culture and society in the diary of Constantijn Huygens Jr, secretary to Stadholder-King William of Orange [electronic resource] / by Rudolf Dekker
- Dekker, Rudolf
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (ix, 195 pages).
- Egodocuments and history ; v. 5
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- 1. Constantijn Huygens Jr. -- 2. Diary-writing and time-keeping -- 3. The Glorious Revolution of 1688 -- 4. The Nine Years' War -- 5. Dutchmen and Englishmen -- 6. The many faces of William of Orange -- 7. Connoisseur of art -- 8. The Bibliotheca Zuylichemiana -- 9. Quacks and witches -- 10. Gossip and sex -- 11. Servants and maids -- 12. The last generation -- 13. The court as a microcosm.
- Starting with the analysis of the diary kept by Constantijn Huygens Jr in the second half of the 17th century, this book sketches a panoramic view of life among Dutch regents and at the court of William and Mary, including an eyewitness account of the Glorious Revolution, and highlighting themes such as scientific progress, book and art collecting.
9789004250956 (electronic book)
9789004250956 (electronic bk.)
9004250956 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546297