- Studies in critical social sciences ; vol. 50
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Reinventing Race, Reinventing Racism: An Introduction / Cedric Herring -- 2.Critical Considerations and New Challenges in Black-Latino Relations / John J. Betancur -- 3.Juntos Pero No Revueltos: Race, Citizenship, and the Conundrums of Latinidad / Tomas Almaguer -- 4.Public Housing Redevelopment and the Displacement of African Americans / Edward G. Goetz -- 5.Problems of Racial Justice in Portland, 1968-2010: Revisiting the City's "Kerner Report" / Karen J. Gibson -- 6.After the Storm: Race and Victims' Reactions to the Hurricane Katrina Aftermath / Cedric Herring -- 7.Race, Class, and the Restructuring of Urban Community Development / Douglas C. Gills -- 8.Fairness on the Job: Skin Tone, the Beauty Myth, and the Treatment of African American Women at Work / Cedric Herring -- 9.Training Black Media Makers after Kerner: The Black Journal Workshop / Devorah Heitner -- 10."Illegals Under Fire": Analyzing U.S. News Frames of Latina/o Immigration and Immigration Rights (1997-2007) / Isabel Molina-Guzman -- 11.Muslims in the Global City: Racism, Islamophobia, and Multiracial Organizing in Chicago / Junaid Rana -- 12.New Configurations of Racism after 9/11: Gender and Race in the Context of the Anti-Immigrant City / Elizabeth L. Sweet -- 13.Gang Members, Juvenile Delinquents, and Direct Democracy / Lisa Marie Cacho -- 14.Racial Disadvantages and Incarceration: Sources of Wage Inequality among African American, Latino, and White Men / Jacqueline Johnson -- 15.Casualties of War: The War on Drugs, Prisoner Re-entry and the Spread of HIV/AIDS and Hepatitis C in Chicago's Communities / Cedric Herring -- 16.Marching in March: Early Participation in Chicago's Immigrant Mobilization / Cedric Herring -- 17.From Political Novice to Veteran: Youth Participation in the Immigrant Mobilization / Loren Henderson -- 18.Race, Poverty, and Disability: A Social Justice Dilemma / Rooshey Hasnain -- 19.Conclusion: Racism and Neoracism: Contributions of This Book / John J. Betancur.
- 9789004231559 (electronic book)
9789004231559 (electronic bk.)
9004231552 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546374