Puzzling out the past [electronic resource] : studies in Northwest Semitic languages and literatures in honor of Bruce Zuckerman / edited by Marilyn J. Lundberg, Steven Fine, Wayne T. Pitard
- Culture and history of the ancient near east
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Preface; Bruce Zuckerman Publications; Abbreviations; List of Contributors; Annalisa Azzoni, "Where Will Yehoyisma' Go?": A Reconsideration of TAD B3.8; Jacob Bitton, Nathan Dweck and Steven Fine, Yet Another Jewish Tombstone from Late Antique Zoar/Zoora: The Funerary Marker of Hannah Daughter of Levi; Edward M. Cook, 4Q541, Fragment 24 Reconsidered; F.W. Dobbs-Allsopp, Space, Line, and the Written Biblical Poem in Texts from the Judean Desert; Avraham Faust and Esther Eshel, An Inscribed Bulla with Grazing Doe from Tel 'Eton.
Zev Garber, Torah and Testament: Teaching and Learning Scripture in Dialogue and in HermeneuticsEdward L. Greenstein, Methodological Principles in Determining that the So-Called Jehoash Inscription is Inauthentic; Stephen A. Kaufman, Gleanings from the Comprehensive Aramaic Lexicon I: Previously Unknown Syriac Words; Theodore J. Lewis, Job 19 in the Light of the Ketef Hinnom Inscriptions and Amulets; Marilyn J. Lundberg, New Drawings and Photographs of Four Cypriot Inscriptions; P. Kyle McCarter, An Inscribed Arrowhead of a Crown Prince of Babylon.
Shalom M. Paul, Jonah 2:7 -- The Descent to the Netherworld and Its Mesopotamian CongenersWayne T. Pitard, Nodding Scribe and Heavy Thumb: The Scribal Errors in Cat 1.14 III 52-V 8; Anson F. Rainey, New Lighting on the Amarna Letters: Mainly London, Berlin and Paris; Christopher A. Rollston, An Old Hebrew Stone Inscription from the City of David: A Trained Hand and a Remedial Hand on the Same Inscription; Mark S. Smith, Why was "Old Poetry" Used in Hebrew Narrative? Historical and Cultural Considerations about Judges 5.
Lynn Swartz Dodd, Squeezing Blood from a Stone: The Archaeological Context of the Incirli InscriptionZiony Zevit, Mesha's ryt in the Context of Moabite and Israelite Bloodletting; Index of Scripture; Index of Texts and Inscriptions; Index of Names; Appendix. Exhibition Catalogue; Color Plates.
- The articles included in this volume honor Bruce Zuckerman's many contributions to the fields of epigraphy, biblical and Second Temple studies, and modern Judaism in discussions of a wide variety of inscriptional materials, biblical texts, archaeology, lexicography and teaching methodology.
- 9789004227163 (electronic book)
9789004227163 (electronic bk.)
9004227164 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546458