Secure oil and alternative energy [electronic resource] : the geopolitics of energy paths of China and the European Union / edited by M. Parvizi Amineh and Yang Guang
- Leiden ; Boston : Brill, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 489 pages) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Amineh, Mehdi Parvizi and Guang, Yang
- International comparative social studies, 1568-4474 ; v. 27
- Restrictions on Access:
- Available to subscribing member institutions only.
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction: China's and the European Union's Energy Security Challenges in the Twenty-First Century / Yang Guang -- pt. ONE GEOPOLITICS, GEO-ECONOMY AND ENERGY -- 2.The Central Eurasian Hydrocarbon Energy Complex: From Central Asia to Central Europe / Robert M. Cutler -- 3.Competing for Caspian Energy Resources: Russia's and China's Energy (Foreign) Policies and the Implications for the EU's Energy Security / Frank Umbach -- 4.Elite Change and Foreign Policy in Iran Since the Presidency of Ahmadinejad: Relations with the US, the EU and China / Eva Patricia Rakel -- 5.China's Energy Foreign Policy Towards Iran: Domestic Factors and Geopolitical Challenges / Yu Guoqing -- 6.China's Energy Foreign Policy Towards the Caspian Region: The Case of Kazakhstan / Wu Hongwei -- 7.Energy Ties and the China-Angola Strategic Partnership / Chen Mo -- 8.Energy Cooperation between China and Latin America: The Case of Venezuela / Sun Hongbo -- 9.Japan's Energy Security Policy Towards Iran (1979-2010) / Raquel Shaoul -- pt. TWO RENEWABLE ENERGY AND SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT -- 10.Energy Transition Governance Paradigms and their Impact on Green Innovation Processes / Daniel Scholten -- 11.Development Characteristics of the Solar Energy Industry and Related Policies in China / Li Xiaohua -- 12.The Brazilian Biofuel Industry: Achievements and Geopolitical Challenges / Mairon G. Bastos Lima -- 13.Slowing down China's Hydropower Development: Problems of Pricing, Resettlement and Ecology / Eduard B. Vermeer -- 14.Global Energy Governance in the Twenty-First Century: Challenges and Opportunities / Joyeeta Gupta.
- 9789004233324 (electronic book), 9789004218574 (alk. paper), 9004218572 (alk. paper), and 9004233326 (e-book)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages -478) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546520