At the crossroads : the arts of Spanish America & early global trade, 1492-1850 : papers from the 2010 Mayer Center Symposium at the Denver Art Museum / edited by Donna Pierce & Ronald Otsuka
- Conference Author:
- Mayer Center Symposium (10th : 2010 : Denver Art Museum)
- Denver : Denver Art Museum, 
- Physical Description:
- 182 pages : illustrations, map ; 28 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Pierce, Donna, 1950-
Otsuka, Ronald Y.
Frederick and Jan Mayer Center for Pre-Columbian and Spanish Colonial Art
- Symposium series / Mayer Center for Pre-Columbian & Spanish Colonial Art at the Denver Art Museum ; 2010
- Machine generated contents note: Map of Spanish and Portuguese Atlantic Trade, 1702 / Fabrice Weexsteen -- Made in China, Made in Mexico / Dana Leibsohn -- The Perils of Porcelain: Chinese Export Porcelain for the Mexican Colonial Market / Maria Bonta de la Pezuela -- Porcelains with the Arms of the Order of Saint Augustine: For New Spain? A Theory / Peabody Essex Museum -- Foldout map of the Manila Galleons and their Trade Network in 1610 / Fabrice Weexsteen -- From Spain to the Viceroyalty of Peru: Paintings by the Dozen / Independent Scholar -- Royal Funerary Rites in Seventeenth-Century Lima: The Catafalque of Margaret of Austria / Universidad de San Marcos -- Molded and Modeled: Sculptural Replication in the Early Modern Transatlantic World / Sara Ryu -- Casta Paintings and Self-Fashioning Artists in New Spain / Claire Farago.
- 9780914738800 (pbk.)
- This volume presents revised and expanded versions of papers presented at the 2010 symposium.
A publication of the Frederick and Jan Mayer Center for Pre-Columbian and Spanish Colonial Art at the Denver Art Museum.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546537