The Koreas / Charles K. Armstrong
- Armstrong, Charles K.
- New York : Routledge, 2014.
- Second edition.
- Physical Description:
- x, 138 pages ; 23 cm
- Korea in the world -- South Korea : the rise to globalism -- North Korea : the logic and limits of "self-reliance" -- The Korean diaspora -- The Korean crisis -- One Korea, many Koreas.
- Presenting a succinct, historically informed introduction to North and South Korea, the second edition of The Koreas considers the radically different ways these countries have dealt with the growing challenges of globalization. Since the first edition's publication, the economic, political, and social differences have only intensified, making evident the relevancy and importance of Armstrong's work, in understanding the Koreas now and in the future. Ultimately, The Koreas is a crisp, engaging primer of Korea and the Korean people in the contemporary world. This book is ideal for many courses in a variety of disciplines, including politics, history, international business, and Asian studies.
- 9780415643092 (hardback : alk. paper), 0415643090 (hardback : alk. paper), 9780415643108 (pbk. : alk. paper), 0415643104 (pbk. : alk. paper), and 9780203079652 (ebook)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546711