Wilkie Collins and copyright : artistic ownership in the age of the borderless word / Sundeep Bisla
- Bisla, Sundeep, 1968-
- Additional Titles:
- Wilkie Collins & copyright
- Columbus : Ohio State University Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xx, 309 pages ; 24 cm
- Introduction : Wilkie Collins, theorist of iterability -- The manuscript as writer's estate in Basil -- The woman in white : the perils of attempting to discipline the transatlantic, transhistorical narrative -- Over-doing things with words in 1862 : pretense and plain truth in No name -- Ingesting the other in Armadale -- The return of the author : privacy, publication, the mystery novel, and The moonstone -- Conclusion : real absences : Collins's waiting shadows.
- 9780814212356 (cloth : alk. paper), 0814212352 (cloth : alk. paper), 9780814293379 (cd-rom), and 0814293379 (cd-rom)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11546930