Communication and language analysis in the corporate world / [edited by] Roderick P. Hart
- Hershey, PA : Information Science Reference, 
- Physical Description:
- xxiv, 409 pages ; 29 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Hart, Roderick P.
- Machine generated contents note: Section 1 Assessing Corporate Narratives -- ch. 1 Fund Manager Overconfidence and Investment Narratives / Arman Eshraghi -- ch. 2 Entrepreneurial Rhetoric and Business Plan Funding / Jeremy C. Short -- ch. 3 Measuring the Tone of Accounting and Financial Narrative / Andrew J. Leone -- Section 2 Judging CEO Credibility -- ch. 4 The Impact of CEO Charismatic Rhetoric on Firm Performance / J. Christian Broberg -- ch. 5 Exploring Signs of Hubris in CEO Language / Joel Amernic -- ch. 6 Image Restoration and the Management of Reputation / Alan Edkins -- Section 3 Calculating Earnings Dynamics -- ch. 7 Linguistic Certainty in Managerial Announcements / Julia Yu -- ch. 8 A Review of Textual Analysis in Economics and Finance / Clara Vega -- ch. 9 Optimal Portfolio Construction Using Qualitative and Quantitative Signals / Joshua Livnat -- Section 4 Capturing Shareholders' Perceptions -- ch. 10 Managerial Disclosures and Corporate Control / Neveen Abdelrehim -- ch. 11 Corporate Persona and Optimistic Language in Annual Reports / Ben Blackford -- ch. 12 Executives' Use of Emotional Language and Investor Reactions / Wei Guo -- Section 5 Gauging Corporate Responsibility -- ch. 13 Environmental Disclosures and Impression Management / Robin W. Roberts -- ch. 14 Negotiating Corporate Social Responsibility Reporting / Janet Luft Mobus -- ch. 15 Disclosure Alignment and Transparency Signaling in CSR Reports / Sabine A. Einwiller -- Section 6 Investigating Adverse Events -- ch. 16 The Content of IMF Staff Reports for Euro Area Countries / Lena Golubovskaja -- ch. 17 The Global Financial Crisis and Central Bank Speak / Pierre L. Siklos -- ch. 18 Fraud Detection and Corporate Filings / Sunita Goel -- Section 7 Reactions -- ch. 19 From Words to Integers and Beyond in Corporate Life / Mahani Hamdan -- ch. 20 Reliability and Validity in Automated Content Analysis / Stuart Soroka.
- "This book provides insight into the verbiage of the corporate world and the influence of this environment for a person's speech pattern, language, and terminology"--
- 9781466649996 (hardcover)
9781466650015 (print & perpetual access)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11548071