The law of the dragon [electronic resource] / directed by Weijun Chen
- New York, Ny : Filmakers Library, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (58 min.).
- Additional Creators:
- Chen, Weijun
- Filmakers library online
- Language Note:
- This edition in Chinese with English subtitles.
- Law of the Dragon examines how justice is served in the rural areas of China so remote and isolated that villagers have almost no contact with the central government. At the heart of the film stands the austere Judge Chen, head of a provincial legal practice, the Tiger Law Firm of Chengdu. Chen journeys with his team of court officials along mud tracks and rough roads in the Xuan’en region. Their court is wherever they hang the national emblem, be it nailed up in the fields or stuck up in the plaintiff’s house. As he resolves the grievances of the residents and dispenses nuggets of Confucian-Communist wisdom, Judge Chen is the law in the eyes of the people.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Nov. 14, 2013).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2013. (Filmakers library online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11548967