Jazz in the time of the novel : the temporal politics of American race and culture / Bruce Barnhart
- Barnhart, Bruce, 1966-
- Tuscaloosa : The University of Alabama Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (252 pages) : illustrations
- Jazz and the novel in the cultural and imaginative landscape -- Music, race, and sublimation: ragtime and symphonic time in the autobiography of an ex-colored man -- "Carolina shout" and the rhythms of rent-party performance -- Forms of repetition and jazz sociality in The Great Gatsby -- Vibratory time in Smith and Armstrong's "St. Louis Blues" -- Rhythmicizing the novel: temporal taxonomies from Larsen to Hemingway, Stein to Hughe.
- 9780817386900 (electronic bk.)
0817386904 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11551071