Mothers and sons [electronic resource] : the crucial connection / Microtraining Associates ; Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy ; executive producer, Steve Lerner ; producer, Peter Graumann
- Additional Titles:
- Crucial connection
- [Place of publication not identified] : Alexander Street Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (32 min.)
- Additional Creators:
- Graumann, Peter, Lerner, Steve, Silverstein, Olga, Ackerman Institute for Family Therapy, Alexander Street Press, and Microtraining Associates
- Therapist Olga Silverstein discusses how mothers of male offspring can break a pattern wherein men, socially required to break away from their mothers, also dismiss the qualities associated with "mother" such as caring, nurturing, empathizing, worrying, and communicating. This results in unhappy, unfulfilled men and perpetuates a patriarchal system that shortchanges men and women alike. Mothers must have the courage to discard cultural conventions of how to raise sons and instead become "agents of their own values."
- Accompanied by transcript of program, clips and abstract.
Originally produced in 1996.
Previously published as DVD.
Title from title frames.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Counseling and therapy in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11552330