How to talk to persons with disabilities while being politically correct [electronic resource].
- Miller, Robbin
- Hanover, Ma : Microtraining Associates, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (31 min.).
- Counseling and therapy in video, volume 2
Persons with Disabilities: Seeking Truth, Busting Myths, and Being an Advocate
- Language Note:
- Were you taught that "wheelchair-bound" was an acceptable term to call a person in a wheelchair? Joe Bellil, Mike Kennedy, and Sonya Perduta, three people with disabilities, will re-educate viewers and teach them proper terminology when interacting with persons with disabilities. They will also discuss the history behind these derogatory terms. Hosted by Robbin Miller, LMHC.
- Audience Notes:
- For professional psychology therapists and psychology students.
- Originally released as DVD.
Title from resource description page (viewed Apr. 29, 2011).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2011. (Counseling and therapy in video). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11552491