My 36 years of model making in Hong Kong / King Y. Chung
- Chung, King Y.
- Additional Titles:
- My thirty-six years of model-making in Hong Kong
- [Hong Kong] : MCCM Creations, 2012.
- Physical Description:
- 235 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 25 cm
- Over These Years ... -- HSBC Headquarters -- Hong Kong International Airport -- Kowloon-Canton Railway (KCR)/Mass Transit Railway (MTR) -- Bridges and Tunnels -- City Planning and Infrastructure -- Hong Kong Public Buildings -- Universities and Colleges -- Museums -- Landscapes -- Commercial Buildings -- Residential Buildings -- Concept and Study Models -- Interiors -- Sailing Ships -- Product Design -- Prototypes and Metalwork -- My Workshop.
- King Y. Chung is, as his colleagues have described him, probably the best architectural model maker in Hong Kong. This is not simply a look at how models are made, but rather his personal story of a lifetime's work, which has closely tracked Hong Kong's rapid development over the last thirty-six years. This volume captures the breadth of Hong Kong's recent architectural development, including design prototypes and study and architectural models of Hong Kong's most iconic buildings, including HSBC Headquarters and the Hong Kong International Airport. At the time of this book's publication, King has completed 2,162 models.
- 9789881858382 (hbk.)
- Source of Acquisition:
- Purchased with funds from the Barbara S. Klein Libraries Collection Endowment in Art History and Asian Studies; 2013
- Endowment Note:
- Barbara S. Klein Libraries Collection Endowment in Art History and International Affairs
View MARC record | catkey: 11553823