Handbook of signs & symptoms [electronic resource].
- Additional Titles:
- Handbook of signs and symptoms
- Philadelphia : Wolters Kluwer Health/Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 
- Copyright Date:
- 4th ed.
- Physical Description:
- x, 749 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Ovid Technologies, Inc
- Signs & symptoms (in alphabetical order) -- Less-common signs and symptoms -- Potential agents of bioterrorism -- Common signs and symptoms associated with herbs -- Obtaining a health history.
- "Thoroughly updated for its Fourth Edition, this convenient, portable handbook is a comprehensive guide to the evaluation of more than 530 signs and symptoms. It has all the assessment information busy clinicians need in a single source. Each entry describes the sign or symptom and covers emergency interventions if needed, history and physical examination, medical and other causes with their associated signs and symptoms, and special considerations such as tests, monitoring, treatment, and gender and cultural issues. This edition identifies specific signs and symptoms caused by emerging diseases such as avian flu, monkeypox, respiratory syncytial virus, norovirus, metabolic syndrome, blast lung injury, Kawasaki disease, and popcorn lung disease. New information on patient teaching and obtaining a health history is included." --Book Jacket.
- 9781605470528 (alk. paper)
160547052X (alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 708) and index.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. New York, N.Y. : Ovid Technologies, Inc. Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11553934