Brother, can you spare a dime? [sound recording] : American song during the Great Depression
- New York, N.Y. : New World Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Kemp, Hal, Vallée, Rudy, 1901-1986, Gray, Glen, 1906-1963, Baker, Kenny, 1926-2011, Temple, Shirley, 1928-2014, Powell, Dick, 1904-1963, Broonzy, Big Bill, 1893-1958, Macon, Uncle Dave, 1870-1952, Cox, J. W. S. (John William Smith), 1911-, Guthrie, Woody, 1912-1967, Autry, Gene, 1907-1998, Seeger, Pete, 1919-2014, Miller, Glenn, 1904-1944, Crosby, Bing, 1903-1977, Evening Breezes Sextet, Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc, Delmore Brothers, and Almanac Singers
- Brother, can you spare a dime / E.Y. Harburg and Jay Gorney (Bing Crosby) -- The boulevard of broken dreams / Al Dublin and Harry Warren (Hal Kemp) -- Life is just a bowl of cherries / Lew Brown and Ray Henderson (Rudy Vallee) -- In the still of the night / Cole Porter (Glen Gray) -- Love walked in / George and Ira Gershwin (Kenny Baker) -- On the good ship Lollypop / Sidney Clare and Richard A. Whiting (Shirley Temple) -- Unemployment stomp / anon. (Big Bill Broonzy) -- The gold diggers's song : We're in the money / Al Dublin and Harry Warren (Dick Powell) -- All in and down and out blues / David Harrison Macon (Uncle Dave Macon) -- Fifteen miles from Birmingham / Alton Delmore (Delmore Brothers) -- Coal loading machine / George Korson (Evening Brezes Sextet) -- NRA blues / Bill Cox (Bill Cox) -- I aint't got no home in this world anymore / Woodie Guthrie (Woody Guthrie) -- The death of Mother Jones / anon. (Gene Autry) -- All I want / Millard Lampell, et al. (Pete Seeger & Almanac Singers) -- The white cliffs of Dover / Nat Burton and Walter Kent (Glenn Miller and his orchestra).
- Related Titles:
- American song during the great depression
- Originally issued on various labels., Durations on labels., "American songs during the Great Depression," by Charles Hamm; program notes, including discographical information; "Selected bibliography"; and Selected discography" (6 p. : ill) bound in container., and "At head of title: Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc."
View MARC record | catkey: 1155415