Mirage [sound recording] : avant-garde and third-stream jazz
- New York, N.Y. : New World Records, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 audio disc : analog, 33 1/ rpm, mono. ; 12 in.
- Additional Creators:
- Lee, Jeanne, 1939-
Blake, Ran, 1935-
Herman, Woody, 1913-1987
Ellington, Duke, 1899-1974
Mingus, Charles, 1922-1979
Russell, George, 1923-2009
Lewis, John, 1920-2001
Charles Mingus Octet
Brandeis Jazz Festival Ensemble
Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc
Stan Kenton Orchestra
Lennie Tristano Quartet
- Summer sequence / R. Burns (Woody Hermann and his orchestra) -- The clothed woman / D. Ellington (Duke Ellington and his orchestra) -- Yesterdays / J. Kern and O. Harbach (Lennie Tristano Quartet) -- Mirage / P. Rugolo (Stan Kenton and his orchestra) -- Eclipse / C. Mingus (Janet Thurlow, vocal ; Charles Mingus Octet) -- Egdon Health / B. Russo (Stan Kenton and his orchestra) -- Concerto for Billy the Kid / G. Russell (George Russell and his Smalltet) -- Transformation / G. Schuller (Brandeis Jazz Festival Ensemble) -- Piazza Navona / J. Lewis (John Lewis and his orchestra) -- Laura / D. Raksin, D. and J. Merger (Jeanne Lee, vocal ; Ron Blake, piano).
- Recordings dates, original serial and matrix no., and program notes by Gunther Schuller (2 p.) on container.
Durations on labels.
"At head of title: Recorded Anthology of American Music, Inc."
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliography and discography.
View MARC record | catkey: 1155429