Nazis in the Holy Land, 1933-1948 / Heidemarie Wawrzyn
- Wawrzyn, Heidemarie
- Berlin ; Boston : De Gruyter ; Jerusalem : Hebrew University Magnes Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- xi, 219 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Establishing and Developing the NSDAP in Palestine -- 2.Propaganda Activities -- Speeches, lectures, and propaganda agents -- NS pamphlets and books -- The "Volksempfanger" -- NS films -- 3.NS Groups and Events -- Regular meetings and celebrations -- Political events and German flags -- The variety of the NS network in Palestine -- 4.Hitler Youth -- 5.NS Women in Palestine -- 6.Outsiders and Opponents -- 7.Nazi Members -- Figures, Religious Attitude, and Political Background -- 8.German Relationships with the Jewish and Arab Population -- Perception of Jews -- Relations with the Arab population -- 9.Reaction of the Local Population -- Jewish reactions -- Arab reactions -- 10.The Official End of the NSDAP Branch -- Internment of Palestine-Germans in 1939 -- The deportation to Australia in 1941 -- 11.Exchange Operations between Palestine-Germans and Jews from Europe -- The first exchange in December 1941 -- The second exchange in November 1942 -- The third exchange in July 1944 -- 12.Planned Hostilities against Palestinian Jews, 1941-1944 -- An SS killing unit for Palestine? -- The German-Arab Operation Atlas in 1944 -- 13.Increasing Tensions and the Final Departure of Palestine-Germans in 1950 -- 14.Was the NS Country Group Palestine Different? -- A comparison of NS groups -- Differences and common ground -- Conclusion -- Hitler's Community in Palestine -- Appendix I -- Leaflet for German Travelers to Palestine -- Official Guidelines for Nazi Party Members Abroad -- Appendix II -- List of Names of Germans who joined the NS groups in Palestine -- List of Names of Palestine-born Germans who joined Nazi branches abroad -- Abbreviations -- Bibliography -- Archives -- Journals, Periodicals, Newsletters, Newspapers -- Published Sources, Secondary Accounts -- Websites -- Documentaries -- Correspondence and Interviews.
- 9783110306293 and 3110306298
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11555438