The Cambridge Companion to the Literature of Los Angeles [electronic resource] / Edited by Kevin R. McNamara
- McNamara, Kevin R.
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2010.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (248 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Cambridge companions to literature
- Los Angeles has a tantalizing hold on the American imagination. Its self-magnifying myths encompass Hollywood glamour, Arcadian landscapes, and endless summer, but also the apocalyptic undertow of riots, environmental depredation, and natural disaster. This Companion traces the evolution of Los Angeles as the most public staging of the American Dream û and American nightmares. The expert contributors make exciting, innovative connections among the authors and texts inspired by the city, from the early Spanish settlers to contemporary literature. Diverse, vibrant, and Challenging as the city itself, this Companion is the definitive guide to LA in literature. --Book Jacket.
- 9781139002899 (ebook)
- Title from publishers bibliographic system (viewed on 21 Jan 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued in print format.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11556204