The Cambridge Companion to the Guitar [electronic resource] / Edited by Victor Anand Coelho
- Coelho, Victor
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (278 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Cambridge companions to music
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Picking through cultures: a guitarist's music history / Victor Anand Coelho -- 2.Flamenco guitar: history, style, status / Peter Manuel -- 3.The Celtic guitar: crossing cultural boundaries in the twentieth century / Christopher J. Smith -- 4.African reinventions of the guitar / Banning Eyre -- 5.The guitar in jazz / Graeme M. Boone -- 6.A century of blues guitar / Jas Obrecht -- 7.The turn to noise: rock guitar from the 1950s to the 1970s / Steve Waksman -- 8.Contesting virtuosity: rock guitar since 1976 / Steve Waksman -- 9.The guitar in country music / Gordon Ross -- 10.Radical innovations, social revolution, and the baroque guitar / Craig H. Russell -- 11.Perspectives on the classical guitar in the twentieth century / David Tanenbaum -- 12.Antonio Stradivari and baroque guitar making / Stewart Pollens.
- 9781139002028 (ebook) and 9780521801928 (hardback)
- Title from publishers bibliographic system (viewed on 21 Jan 2014). and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued in print format.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11556264