The Cambridge Companion to American Travel Writing [electronic resource] / Edited by Alfred Bendixen, Judith Hamera
- Cambridge : Cambridge University Press, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (314 pages) : digital, PDF file(s).
- Additional Creators:
- Bendixen, Alfred and Hamera, Judith
- "Travel writing has always been intimately linked with the construction of American identity. These specially-commissioned essays examine a wide range of responses to the problems posed by landscapes found both at home and abroad. Throughout, the contributors focus on the role played by travel writing in the definition and formulation of national identity, and consider the experiences of minority writers as well as canonical authors. This Companion forms an invaluable guide for students approaching this new, important and exciting subject for the first time." --Book Jacket.
- 9781139002318 (ebook)
- Title from publishers bibliographic system (viewed on 21 Jan 2014).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Also issued in print format.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11556680