Adventures through deep time [electronic resource] : the central Mississippi River Valley and its earthquakes / by Roy Van Arsdale
- VanArsdale, R. B.
- Boulder, Colo. : Geological Society of America, 2009.
- Physical Description:
- vii, 107 p. : ill. (some col.), maps (some col.) ; 28 cm. + 1 CD-ROM (4 3/4 in.).
- Special paper ; 455
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Geologic history of the Central Mississippi River Valley area in a nutshell -- Precambrian rocks : foundation to the central Mississippi River Valley -- Late Proterozoic and early Cambrian rifting of the southeastern United States -- Paleozoic time in the Mississippi River Valley -- Appalachian-Ouachita mountains and their foreland basins -- Pangea rips apart : the formation of the Gulf of Mexico -- Cretaceous-tertiary formation of the Mississippi embayment and Mississippi River -- Sediments of the Mississippi embayment -- The central Mississippi River Valley and its great earthquakes of 1811-1812 -- What's next?
- 9780813724553 (pbk.)
- Accompanying compact disc includes video animations supplementing chapters 3, 7, 8, and 9 of the printed volume, in .mpeg, .avi, and Adobe Acrobat PDF files.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11557374