Ambient Assisted Living and Active Aging [electronic resource] : 5th International Work-Conference, IWAAL 2013, Carrillo, Costa Rica, December 2-6, 2013, Proceedings / edited by Chris Nugent, Antonio Coronato, Jose Bravo
- Information Systems and Applications, incl. Internet/Web, and HCI ; 8277
- Restrictions on Access:
- License restrictions may limit access.
- Session 1: AAL Environments -- A Knowledge Based Framework to Support Active Aging at Home Based Environments -- Mobile Based Prompted Labeling of Large Scale Activity Data -- Mobile NFC vs Touch screen Based Interaction: Architecture Proposal and Evaluation -- Improving Health Services Using Cloud Computing, Big Data and Wireless Sensors -- Session 2: User Interaction and Assistive Solutions -- Focus Group Evaluation of Scenarios for Fall Risk Assessment and Fall Prevention in Two Countries -- Enhancing Social Interaction between Older Adults and Their Families -- Personalization of Serious Videogames for Occupational Engagement for Elderly -- Return to Activities of Daily Life: Physiotherapy Rehabilitation with Serious Game -- Image Analysis for Crack Detection in Bone Cement -- Session 3: Sensing and Activity Recognition -- Mobile and Context-Aware Grocery Shopping to Promote Active Aging -- Handling Displacement Effects in On-Body Sensor-Based Activity Recognition -- Application of a Cluster-Based Classifier Ensemble to Activity Recognition in Smart Homes -- A Vision System for Intelligent Monitoring of Activities of Daily Living at Home -- Session 4: Key Application Domains -- An Integral Medicine Taking Solution for Mild and Moderate Alzheimer Patients -- Human Facial Expression Recognition Using Wavelet Transform and Hidden Markov Model -- A Real-Time Insulin Injection System -- Development and Evaluation of an Augmented Object for Notifications of Particular Emails -- An Augmented Object Prototype for Helping to Prevent the Sudden Infant Death Syndrome.
- This book constitutes the refereed proceedings of the 5th International Workshop on Ambient Assisted Living, IWAAL 2013, held in Carillo, Costa Rica, in December 2013. The 13 full papers and 7 short papers were carefully reviewed and selected from 23 submissions. The focus of the papers is on following topics: AAL environments, user interaction and assistive solutions, sensing and activity recognition, and key application domains.
- Digital File Characteristics:
- text file PDF
View MARC record | catkey: 11557483