Down to earth [electronic resource] : adobe in New Mexico / produced, directed, shot and edited by Mark Freeman ; Fine Line Productions
- Ethnographic video online, volume 1
- This multidisciplinary social history investigates the contributions of New Mexico's diverse cultures to the state's unique architectural heritage. Today adobe is often associated with wealth and the "Santa Fe Style," yet adobe architecture also continues to play a vital role in Native American and Hispanic cultures in New Mexico. Adobe is not just a building material. Its formal and structural elements cannot be divorced from its social, cultural, and environmental functions. Down to Earth explores the increasing pressures of tourism and development and illustrates the relationship between the environment of New Mexico and the continuity of cultural tradition. - Container.
- Based on an idea by Alison Brysk.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Data/Place of Event:
- Originally produced in 1995.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2010. (Ethnographic video online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11571443