Mary Barnard, American Imagist / Sarah Barnsley
- Barnsley, Sarah, 1974-
- Albany, NY : State University of New York Press, 
- Physical Description:
- xx, 176 pages : illustrations, portraits ; 24 cm
- Machine generated contents note: ch. One "Spare but Musical": The Poetry of Mary Barnard -- ch. Two Late Imagism -- 2.1."The Only Really Worthwhile Piece of Poetry Criticism I Had Ever Read": Pound's Imagism -- 2.2.Barnard's Imagist Local -- 2.3."Sand Is the Beginning and the End/of Our Dominion": Barnard, H.D., and the Gender of Imagism -- 2.4."We Can't Get to the World Hard Enough or Fast Enough . . . We Just Must Write": Barnard, Williams, and American Imagism -- ch. Three "A Would-Be Sappho" -- 3.1.Sappho and the Imagists -- 3.2.Barnard's Sapphic Imagism -- 3.3.Barnard's Sapphic-American Modernism -- ch. Four "A New Way of Measuring Verse" -- 4.1.Barnard and Pound: An ABC of Metrics -- 4.2.The Weighted Syllable -- 4.3."A Well-Conceived Form within which Modification May Exist": Barnard, Williams, and the Question of American Measure -- 4.4."An Idiom AND a Swing": Sappho: A New Translation -- ch. Five "A Bright Particular Excellence": The Achievement of Mary Barnard.
- "Uncovers a new chapter in the story of American modernist poetry"--Provided by publisher.
- 9781438448558 (hardcover : alk. paper)
1438448554 (hardcover : alk. paper)
9781438448565 (pbk. : alk. paper)
1438448562 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11573338