Ethical reasoning in international affairs : arguments from the middle ground / edited by Cornelia Navari
- Houndmills, Basingstoke, Hampshire ; New York, NY : Palgrave Macmillan, 2013.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- ix, 251 pages ; 23 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Navari, Cornelia, 1941-
- Palgrave studies in international relations
- The terrain of the middle ground / Cornelia Navari -- Are we linguistically left-handed? : In search of responsible, ethical subjects / Daniel Warner -- Realism and right : sketch for a theory of global justice / Terry Nardin -- Middle-ground ethics and human rights in international relations / Mervyn Frost -- Theorizing secession : what should be the relationship between the ideal and the empirical? / Mikulas Fabry -- Global constitutionalism as a middle-ground ethic / Anthony Lang, Jr. -- Beyond order versus justice : middle-ground ethics and the responsibility to protect / Mikael Baaz -- Hedley Bull and John Dewey : two middle grounders and a pragmatic approach to the nuclear dilemma / Molly Cochran -- The ethics of war, innocence, and hard cases : a call for the middle ground / Milla Emilia Vaha -- Authoritarianism, anti-imperialism, and intervention : the precariousness of the middle ground / Chris Brown -- Power transitions, emerging powers, and the shifting terrain of the middle ground / Andrew Hurrell.
- 9781137290953 and 1137290951
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11573464