Policing white-collar crime : characteristics of white-collar criminals / Petter Gottschalk
- Gottschalk, Petter, 1950-
- Boca Raton : CRC Press, 
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (301 pages).
- Advances in police theory and practice
- 1. White-collar crime typologies -- 2. White-collar criminal typologies -- 3. White-collar criminal roles -- 4. Women in white-collar crime -- 5. Stage model for female criminals -- 6. Management positions in crime -- 7. Victims, detection, and sector -- 8. Statistical analyses of crime sample -- 9. Police value shop configuration -- 10. Police information management strategy -- 11. Police knowledge management strategy -- 12. Police information systems strategy.
- "Combating white-collar crime is a challenge as these criminals are found among the most powerful members of society, including politicians, business executives, and government officials. While there are many approaches to understanding this topic, Policing White-Collar Crime: Characteristics of White-Collar Criminals highlights the importance of police intelligence in confronting these crimes and criminals and focuses on the identification, retrieval, storage, and application of information resources. Combining theory with case examples of some of the most notorious criminal enterprises in recent years, the book explores:White-collar crime typologies and characteristicsThe roles and structure in a white-collar crime enterpriseSociological perspectives on why women are substantially less involved in white-collar crimeWhy chief executives are vulnerable to the lure of white-collar crimeCharacteristics of victims who fall prey to these crimesTheoretically based yet practitioner-oriented, this book offers a unique study of the contingent approach to policing white-collar criminals--emphasizing the essential elements of information management strategy, knowledge management strategy, information technology strategy, and value configuration in law enforcement. By implementing the techniques presented in this volume, law enforcement organizations can better develop and implement detection and prevention methods. This effective use of the critical element of police intelligence is a powerful tool for circumventing the tactics of white-collar criminals"-- and "Series Preface Policing White-Collar Crime: Characteristics of White-Collar Criminals This book offers a unique study of the contingent approach to policing whitecollar criminals. Important elements in police strategy include information management strategy, knowledge management strategy, information technology strategy, and value configuration in law enforcement. A national sample of convicted white-collar criminals is presented, and a model is introduced to explain why there are so few women convicted of white-collar crime"--
- 9781466591783 (electronic bk.) and 1466591781 (e-book)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11574310