Women, gender, and the palace households in Ottoman Tunisia [electronic resource] / by Amy Aisen Kallander
- Kallander, Amy Aisen, 1978-
- Austin, Tex. : University of Texas Press, 2013. and Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse, 2013.
- 1st ed.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (287 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Part I. Family foundations of Ottoman rule -- Introduction. Families, households, and palace women in early modern court culture -- Family and the politics of marriage: the early Ottoman era in Tunis (1574/1756) -- Part II. Family and provincial government, 1756/1840 -- The prosperous palace -- Women's worlds -- Beyond Bardo -- Part III. Nineteenth-century transformations -- The constitution, financial reform, and the modern family -- Inventing dynastic traditions: family politics of French colonialism -- Conclusion.
- 9780292753921, 0292753926, 9780292748385 (cloth : alk. paper), and 0292748388
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11575197