Making Moros [electronic resource] : imperial historicism and American military rule in the Philippines Muslim South / Michael C. Hawkins
- Hawkins, Michael (Michael C.)
- Dekalb, Il : Niu Press, 2013.
Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Imperial taxonomies -- Disruptions -- Capitalism as panacea -- Modernity, colonial guilt, and the price of transcendent progress -- Epilogue : the American military period in historical memory.
- "This book offers a unique look at the colonial creation of Muslim subjects during the early years of American rule in the southern Philippines. It examines the Islamic Philippines during its most formative period in modernity--a period indispensible to discussions of integration in the Filipino Islamic South"--
- Military occupation—Social aspects—Philippines—Sulu Archipelago—History
- Military occupation—Social aspects—Philippines—Mindanao Island—History
- Muslims—Philippines—Sulu Archipelago—History
- Muslims—Philippines—Mindanao Island—History
- United States—Relations—Philippines
- Philippines—Relations—United States
- Sulu Archipelago (Philippines)—History
- Mindanao Island (Philippines)—History
- "Published by the Northern Illinois University Press in conjunction with the Center for Southeast Asian Studies, DeKalb, Illinois"--Title page verso.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11575587