Air mobility [electronic resource] : a brief history of the American experience / Robert C. Owen
- Owen, Robert C., 1951-
- Washington, D.C. : Potomac Books, 2013.
Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages cm)
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Discovering air mobility -- Military air transport in the 1920s -- Civil aviation between the wars -- Military air transport in the 1930s -- Mobilizing air transport for global war -- Air transport in World War II -- Troop carrier aviation in World War II -- Airlift consolidation in the 1940s -- The Berlin Airlift -- The Korean War -- Troop carrier aviation in the 1950s -- Army aviation in the 1950s -- Air transport in the 1950s -- The national military airlift hearings -- Inventing the civil reserve airlift fleet -- Vietnam: the air mobility war -- Nickel grass -- Airlift consolidation in the 1970s -- Airlift in the 1980s -- Acquisition of the C-17 -- The first Gulf War -- Messing with success -- The 1990s-years of steady-state surge -- The 2000s-years of steady-state war -- Haiti 2010-the way it works -- The secret is people.
9781597978514 (hardcover : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11575656