Off the network [electronic resource] : disrupting the digital world / Ulises Ali Mejias
- Mejias, Ulises Ali
- Minneapolis : University of Minnesota Press, 2013. and Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse, 2013.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xvii, 193 pages )
- Additional Creators:
- Project Muse
- Electronic mediations ; volume 41
- Introduction -- Thinking the network. The network as method for organizing the world -- The privatization of social life -- Computers as socializing tools -- Acting inside and outside the network -- Unthinking the network. Strategies for unmapping networks -- Proximity and conflict -- Collaboration and freedom -- Intensifying the network. The limits of liberation technologies -- The outside of networks as method for acting in the world.
- 9780816684526, 0816684529, 9780816678990 (hc : alk. paper), 0816678995 (hc : alk. paper), 9780816679003 (pb : alk. paper), and 0816679002 (pb : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 177-188) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11575759