Critical perspectives on Cameroon writing [electronic resource] / edited by Hansel Ndumbe Eyoh, Albert Azeyeh, Nalova Lyonga
- [Place of publication not identified] : [publisher not identified], 2013.
Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (1 PDF (xiii, 554 pages) :) : illustrations
- Additional Creators:
- Lyonga, Nalova
Eyoh, H. Ndumbe (Hansel Ndumbe)
Conference on Cameroon Literature (2nd : 1994 : University of Buea), author
- Language Note:
- Papers in English and French.
- Foreword/preface / Hansel Ndumbe Eyoh -- Speeches -- Keynote address -- General -- Folklore -- Prose -- Drama -- Language -- Children's literature -- History and journalism -- Translation.
- This landmark volume brings together a very rich harvest of forty critical essays on Cameroon literature by Cameroon literary scholars. The book is the result of the Second Conference on Cameroon Literature which took place at the University of Buea in 1994. The Buea conference was motivated by a determination to look at Cameroon literature straight into its face and criticize it using literary criteria of the strictest kind. Gone were the times when the criticism was complacent because it was believed that a nascent literature could easily be stifled by application of rather strict cannons of literary criticism. Both writers and critics had a lot to say. Subjects dealt with ranged from general topics on literature, survival and national identity, through specialized articles on prose, poetry, drama, translation, language, folklore, children's literature, Journalism and politics. It is the hope of the volume editors that the publication of these papers will instigate the kind of actions that were recommended and that the prolific nature of Cameroon literature will equally give rise to a prolific and robust criticism.
- Selected papers from the 2nd Conference on Cameroon Liteature, held at the University of Buea, 1994.
Issued as part of UPCC book collections on Project MUSE.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11575840