Woody on rye [electronic resource] : Jewishness in the films and plays of Woody Allen / edited by Vincent Brook and Marat Grinberg
- Waltham, Massachusetts : Brandeis University Press, 2014.
Baltimore, Md. : Project Muse, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (pages cm.)
- Additional Creators:
- Grinberg, Marat, 1977-, Brook, Vincent, 1946-, and Project Muse
- Brandeis series in American Jewish history, culture, and life
- Machine generated contents note: OVERVIEW -- The Gospel According to Woody: From Annie Hall through To Rome with Love / Vincent Brook -- COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS -- The Birth of a Hebrew Tragedy: Cassandra's Dream as a Morality Play in the Context of Crimes and Misdemeanors and Match Point / Marat Grinberg -- A Jew Leaves New York: Woody Allen's Gloomy British Angst / Curtis Maloley -- SCHLEMIEL THEORY -- Woody Allen's Schlemiel: From Humble Beginnings to an Abrupt End / Menachem Feuer -- "Woody the Gentile": Christian-Jewish Interplay in Allen's Films from What's New Pussycat? to Midnight in Paris / Joshua Louis Moss -- "Now You See Him, Now You Don't": Woody Allen's Vanishing Act in Scoop / Peter J. Bailey -- WOMEN'S ISSUES -- Woody's Women: Jewish Domesticity and the Unredeemed Ghost of Hanukkah to Come / Giovanna P. Del Negro -- Reconstructing Woody: Representations of Religious Jewish Women in Deconstructing Harry / Shaina Hammerman -- "Toot, Toot, Tootsie! (Goodbye)": Disposable Women in the Films of Woody Allen / Elliot Shapiro -- CULTURAL STUDIES -- Digesting Woody: Food and Foodways in the Movies of Woody Allen / Nathan Abrams -- Schlemiel on Broadway: Woody Allen's Jewish Identity in His Stage Plays from Don't Drink the Water to Honeymoon Motel / James Fisher.
9781611684797 (cloth : alk. paper)
9781611684803 (pbk. : alk. paper)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11576045