Introduction to mobile robot control [electronic resource] / Spyros G. Tzafestas
- Tzafestas, S. G., 1939-
- Amsterdam ; Waltham, MA : Elsevier, 2014.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (xxiv, 691 pages) : illustrations
- Elsevier insights
- Introduction to Mobile Robot Control provides a complete and concise study of modeling, control, and navigation methods for wheeled non-holonomic and omnidirectional mobile robots and manipulators. The book begins with a study of mobile robot drives and corresponding kinematic and dynamic models, and discusses the sensors used in mobile robotics. It then examines a variety of model-based, model-free, and vision-based controllers with unified proof of their stabilization and tracking performance, also addressing the problems of path, motion, and task planning, along with localization and mapping topics. The book provides a host of experimental results, a conceptual overview of systemic and software mobile robot control architectures, and a tour of the use of wheeled mobile robots and manipulators in industry and society. Introduction to Mobile Robot Control is an essential reference, and is also a textbook suitable as a supplement for many university robotics courses. It is accessible to all and can be used as a reference for professionals and researchers in the mobile robotics field. Clearly and authoritatively presents mobile robot concepts. Richly illustrated throughout with figures and examplesKey concepts demonstrated with a host of experimental and simulation examples. No prior knowledge of the subject is required; each chapter commences with an introduction and background.
- 1299964710 (electronic bk.)
9781299964716 (electronic bk.)
9780124170490 (electronic bk.)
0124170498 (electronic bk.)
9780124171039 (electronic bk.)
0124171036 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Technical Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11746196