Getting the Gross National Income (GNI) data right : a more structured and better-focused approach would improve the effectiveness of the commission's verification : (pursuant to Article 287(4), second subparagraph, TFEU) / European Court of Auditors
- Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union, 2013.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- 81 pages : colored illustrations, forms ; 30 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- European Court of Auditors
Full Text available online
By special arrangement in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, patrons may access this resource online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- Special report, 1831-0834 ; no. 11/2013
- "A significant share of the revenue in the EU budget is derived from own resources calculated on the basis of member states' Gross National Income (GNI). Effective verification of GNI data is crucial to ensure that member states' respective contributions are correctly and fairly calculated. The Court's audit examined the Commission's verification of these data for the years 2002 to 2007 which became definitive in 2012. Even though this verification may well improve the quality of GNI data, the Court concluded that this verification was not sufficiently structured and focused to be fully effective. The Court recommends that the Commission focuses on material and risky GNI components, based on a structured and formalised planning and prioritisation exercise." -- Page  of cover.
- 9789292414054 (pbk.)
- "QJ-AB-13-011-EN-C"--Page  of cover.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Other Forms:
- Also available on the Internet.
View MARC record | catkey: 11746394