Paradise Island [electronic resource] / directed by Prince Anusornmongkolgan
- Anusornmongkolgan, Prince
- Honolulu, HI : Asia Pacific Films, 1969.
- Physical Description:
- 1 streaming video file (153 min.).
- Language Note:
- This edition in Thai with English subtitles.
- Two rival coconut growers compete for full ownership of a Thai plantation on the island of Samui, pitting one grower's son against the other grower's daughter. The goal is to destroy the competition's business so that the entire island becomes the victor's prize. The winner will be determined by how successful each is in the business of coconut crops. The rules are simple: if the son wins, the girl must marry him, but if the girl wins, the son must give his business to her. It is a match of wits in which trickery and deceit are the main weapons. Music and song keep the story light, despite the pair's determination. However, falling in love stirs the pot of luck and skill. But love does not conquer all, for betrayal is fair game. In the battle for Paradise Island, love will have to take a back seat unless true confession and forgiveness emerge to turn this nasty game around.
- Title from resource description page (viewed Aug. 6, 2013).
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
- Other Forms:
- Previously released as DVD.
- Reproduction Note:
- Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2013. (Asian film online). Available via World Wide Web.
View MARC record | catkey: 11747143