Managing for high-quality science and engineering at the NNSA National Security Laboratories / Committee to Review the Quality of the Management and of the Science and Engineering Research at the Department of Energy's National Security Laboratories-- Phase 1, Laboratory Assessments Board, Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Washington, D.C. : National Academies Press, 
- Physical Description:
- ix, 88 pages : illustrations, charts ; 28 cm
- Additional Creators:
- National Research Council (U.S.). Committee to Review the Quality of the Management and of the Science and Engineering Research at the Department of Energy's National Security Laboratories-- Phase 1, National Research Council (U.S.). Laboratory Assessments Board, and National Research Council (U.S.). Division on Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Machine generated contents note: 1.Introduction -- Statement of Task -- Conduct of the Study -- Outline of the Report -- 2.Contracts -- 3.Research Base and Evolution of the Mission -- Evolution of the NNSA National Security Laboratories' Mission -- Science and Engineering Supporting the Mission -- Laboratory Directed Research and Development -- 4.Broken Relationship -- The Effect of Operational Formality on Experimental Work at the Laboratories -- 5.Management of S&E At the Laboratories -- Appendixes -- A.Governance Charter for an Interagency Council on the Strategic Capability of DOE National Laboratories as National Security Assets -- B.Presenters and Speakers at Committee Meetings -- C.Review of Relevant Studies and Reports, 1995-2010 -- D.The Structure of the Management Organizations that Govern the NNSA National Security Laboratories -- E.What the Laboratories' Management and Operations (M&O) Contracts Say About the Conduct and Evaluation of Science and Engineering -- F.The Investment/Value Returned Framework for Management of S&E -- G.Selected Supporting Information.
- 9780309254373 (paperback)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references.
View MARC record | catkey: 11749591