- Language Note:
- Mandingo with English text.
- Ala l'a ke = Allah's deed (7:20) -- Jula Faso = Merchants' tune (3:00) -- Yundumunko = Man from Yundum (5:00) -- Masane Sise = Masanneh Sisay (4:20).
- This performance of four songs from the Mandinka repertory was recorded while Suso was teaching kora at the University of Washington in 1971.
- Sung in Mandinka.
Accompanying booklet by Roderic Knight includes background information and translations of text.
- Creation/Production Credits Note:
- Cameras, Robert Garfias, Harold Schulz ; editing, Roderic Knight, Doug Rutherford, Mitch Strumpf, Frederick Zwegat.
- Data/Place of Event:
- "Filmed at the University of Washington Archives of Ethnic Music and Dance, Robert Garfias, Director. 1972."
- Technical Details:
View MARC record | catkey: 11749981