How reason almost lost its mind : the strange career of Cold War rationality / Paul Erickson, Judy L. Klein, Lorraine Daston, Rebecca Lemov, Thomas Sturm, and Michael D. Gordin
- Erickson, Paul, 1976-
- Chicago ; London : The University of Chicago Press, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 259 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Klein, Judy L., 1951-, Daston, Lorraine, 1951-, Lemov, Rebecca M. (Rebecca Maura), Sturm, Thomas, 1967-, and Gordin, Michael D.
- Introduction: the struggle over Cold War rationality -- Enlightenment reason, Cold War rationality, and the rule of rules -- The bounded rationality of Cold War operations research -- Saving the planet from nuclear weapons and the human mind -- "The situation" in the Cold War behavioral sciences -- World in a matrix -- The collapse of Cold War rationality -- Epilogue: Cold War rationality after the Cold War.
- 9780226046631 (cloth : alk. paper), 022604663X (cloth : alk. paper), and 9780226046778 (e-book)
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 227-249) and index.
View MARC record | catkey: 11750513