Solution focused anxiety management [electronic resource] : a treatment and training manual / Ellen K. Quick
- Quick, Ellen Kaufman
- San Diego : Elsevier Science, 2013.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (327 pages)
- Practical Resources for the Mental Health Professional
- What Is Solution Focused Anxiety Management, and How Is It Different from Other Approaches? -- Conducting a Solution Focused Anxiety Management Class: "The Nuts and the Bolts" -- Instructor Notes for Topic One: Physical Reactions and Coping Techniques -- Instructor Notes for Topic Two: Behavioral Techniques -- Instructor Notes for Topic Three: Thinking Techniques -- Instructor Notes for Topic Four: Life Issues and Anxiety -- Solution Focused Anxiety Management and Individual Therapy -- Appropriate Caution as an Ingredient of the Solution -- Perspectives from the Solution-focused Community -- Concluding Questions: What Creates Change in Solution Focused Anxiety Management, and How Can We Do More of It? -- Appendix A. Learner Readings for Topic One: Physical Reactions and Coping Techniques -- Appendix B. Learner Readings for Topic Two: Behavioral Techniques -- Appendix C. Learner Readings for Topic Three: Thinking Techniques -- Appendix D. Learner Readings for Topic Four: Life Issues and Anxiety.
- Solution Focused Anxiety Management provides the clinician with evidence-based techniques to help clients manage anxiety. Cognitive behavioral and strategic tools, acceptance-based ideas, and mindfulness are introduced from a solution-focused perspective and tailored to client strengths and preferences. The book presents the conceptual foundation, methods, and attitudes of a solution-focused approach. Case examples illustrate how to transform anxiety into the "Four Cs" (courage, coping, appropriate caution and choice).
- 9780123944214 (electronic bk.), 012394421X (electronic bk.), 9780123978134 (electronic bk.), and 0123978130 (electronic bk.)
- AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11930249