Proceedings of the 2013 International Symposium on Liquid Metal Processing & Casting : held September 22-25, 2013, AT&T Executive Education & Conference Center, Austin, Texas / sponsored by The Minerals, Metals & Materials Society (TMS) ; edited by Matthew J.M. Krane, Alain Jardy, Rodney L. Williamson, Joseph J. Beaman
- Conference Author:
- International Symposium on Liquid Metal Processing and Casting (10th : 2013 : Austin, Tex.)
- Hoboken, New Jersey : John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 2013.
- Copyright Date:
- Physical Description:
- xii, 362 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm + 1 CD-ROM
- Additional Creators:
- Krane, Matthew J. M.
Williamson, Rodney L.
Beaman, Joseph J.
Minerals, Metals and Materials Society
- Machine generated contents note: Electroslag Remelting -- Computational Modeling of Electroslag Remelting (ESR) Process Used for the Production of High-Performance Alloys / H. Sizek -- A Numerical Study on the Influence of the Frequency of the Applied AC Current on the Electroslag Remelting Process / M. Ramprecht -- A Thermodynamic Database for the Al2O3-CaF2-CaO System / K. Wu -- Influence of the Polarity on the Cleanliness Level and the Inclusion Types in the ESR Process / P. Wurzinger -- Hot Test and Simulation of ESR Hollow Ingots Formation in Current Supplying Mould with Electrodes Change / X. Deng -- Design of ESR Slags According to Requested Physical Properties; Part 2: Density and Viscosity / S. Rudoler -- Predicting Melting Behavior of an Industrial Electroslag Remelting Ingot / M. Krane -- Operational Experience of Large Sized ESR Plants and Attainable Quality of ESR Ingots with a Diameter of Up to 2600mm / H. Kawakami -- Experimental Research on the Absorption of Fluorine in Gamma-TiAl during Electroslag Remelting / B. Friedrich -- A Parametric Study of Slag Skin Formation in Electroslag Remelting / M. Krane -- Impact of the Solidified Slag Skin on the Current Distribution during Electroslag Remelting / H. Poisson -- Investigation of Slag Compositions and Pressure Ranges Suitable for Electroslag Remelting under Vacuum Conditions / B. Friedrich -- Contribution of the Mould Current to the Ingot Surface Quality in the Electroslag Remelting Process / A. Ludwig -- Mechanisms of Calcium Oxide Dissolution in CaO-Al2O3-SiO2-Based Slags / B. Blanpain -- Effect of Fluoride Containing Slag on Oxide Inclusions in Electroslag Ingot / F. Liu -- Production of High Quality Die Steels from Large ESR Slab Ingots / X. Li -- A Study of Slag and Steel Leakage Influence Factors during Electroslag Remelting Withdrawing Process / C. Han -- Factors Affecting Surface Quality of Ingot Produced by Electroslag Continuous Casting with Liquid Metal / X. Zang -- Mathematical Model of Solidification during Electroslag Casting of Pilger Roll / X. Zang -- Introducing Carbon Nanoparticles in Titanium during Chamber Electroslag Remelting (CHESR) / S. Radwitz -- Evolution of ESR Technology and Equipment for Long Hollow Ingots Manufacture / I. Gusiev -- Variation of the Resistance during the Electrode Movement in the Electroslag Remelting Process / A. Ludwig -- Modeling Macrosegregation during Electroslag Remelting of Alloy 625 / M. Krane -- Comparison of Arc Slag Remelting vs. P-ESR Melting for High Nitrogen Steels / G. Stovpchenko -- Defects Numerical Simulation of Macrosegregation in 570-Ton Low-Alloyed Steel Ingot / K. Kajikawa -- Using a Three-Phase Mixed Columnar-Equiaxed Solidification Model to Study Macrosegregation in Ingot Castings: Perspectives and Limitations / A. Ludwig -- Effect of Solidification Front Angle on Freckle Formation in Alloy 625 / S. Suzuki -- The Behaviour of Entrainment Defects in Aluminium Alloy Castings / M. El-Sayed -- Inclusion Behavior in Steel and Aluminum Making Reactors / A. Jardy -- Modeling the Titanium Nitride (TiN) Germination and Growth during the Solidification of a Maraging Steel / A. Jardy -- Thermodynamics for the Influence of Slag Composition on the Inclusion Control in Semi-Killed Liquid Steels / J. Park -- The Influence of Different Melting and Remelting Routes on the Cleanliness of High Alloyed Steels / C. Loecker -- Refinement of Primary and Eutectic Silicon Particles in Hypereutectic Al-Si Alloys Using an Applied Electric Potential / P. Anyalebechi -- Characterization of Bifilms and Oxide Inclusions in Investment Cast IN100 / G. Fuchs -- Vacuum Arc Remelting Application of a Model for Simulating the Vacuum Arc Remelting Process in Titanium Alloys / D. Fiore -- Controlling Liquid Pool Depth in VAR of a 21.6cm Diameter Ingot of Alloy 718 / T. Watt -- Simulation of Radiation Heat Transfer in a VAR Furnace Using an Electrical Resistance Network / A. Ballantyne -- Solidification Mapping of a Nickel Alloy 718 Laboratory VAR Ingot / R. Williamson -- Aluminum Processing Improvement of Mechanical Properties of HPDC A356 Alloy through Melt Quenching Process / Z. Fan -- Review of Hot Tearing Studies in Al Alloys during Direct Chill Casting / E. Specht -- Effect of Sonotrode Design on Simultaneous Grain Refinement and Degassing of Al Alloys by Ultrasound / Y. Kim -- Miscellaneous Liquid Metal Engineering by Application of Intensive Melt Shearing / Z. Fan -- A Simple Experimental Apparatus for Testing Core and Clad Alloy Combinations for Potential Fusion[™] Casting Applications / D. Weckman -- Development of a Hot Working Steel Based on a Controlled Gas-Metal-Reaction / M. Gharbi -- Nitrogen Control in VIM Melts / J. Hawk -- Characterisation and Modelling of Microsegregation in Low Carbon Continuously Cast Steel Slab / M. Strangwood -- The Practical Application of Minor Element Control in Small Scale Melts / J. Hawk -- A Two-Dimensional Infiltration Dynamics Model of C-SiC Composites / A. Maqsood -- Investigation of Peculiarities of Deep Deoxidized Steel Interaction with Refractory Lining of Ladle during the Manufacturing of Large Forge Ingots with Mass Up to 415 Ton / V. Pashynskyi -- Characterization of the Interfacial Reaction between Titanium Castings and Alumina Mold Containing the Alpha-Case Compounds / Y. Kim -- Theoretical Design of Continuous Casting Process Using Semi Analytical Method / E. Specht -- Phosphorus Partitioning during EAF Refining of DRI Based Steel / S. Sridhar.
Accompanying CD-ROM contains pdf files of conference papers.
- Bibliography Note:
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Technical Details:
- System requirements for disc: none given.
View MARC record | catkey: 11930651