The Debates in the several state conventions on the adoption of the Federal Constitution [electronic resource] : as recommended by the general convention at Philadelphia in 1787 : together with the journal of the federal convention, Luther Martin's letter, Yates's minutes, Congressional opinions, Virginia and Kentucky resolutions of '98-'99, and other illustrations of the Constitution / collected and revised from contemporary publications, by Jonathan Elliott ; published under the sanction of Congress
- Additional Titles:
- Debates on the adoption of the federal Constitution in the Convention held at Philadelphia, in 1787 : with a diary of the debates of the Congress of the Confederation v. 5
Commonly known as: Elliott's debates
- Washington : Printed for the editor, 1836-1845.
- 2nd ed., with considerable additions.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (5 volumes) ; 24 cm.
- Additional Creators:
- Madison, James, 1751-1836
Elliot, Jonathan, 1784-1846
United States. Constitutional Convention (1787)
- Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 2: Slave trade in the Atlantic world
- Vol. 5 has title: Debates on the adoption of the federal Constitution, in the convention held at Philadelphia, in 1787; with a diary of the debates of the Congress of the Confereration; as reported by James Madison ... Rev. and newly arranged by Johnathan Elliot ... Supplementary to Elliot's Debates ... 1845.
Reproduction of the original from the Library of Congress.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11934370