The history of the West-Indies. Dedicated by permission to His Majesty [electronic resource] : This day is published, illustrated with a large two sheet map of the West-Indies, in two volumes quarto, price 2l. 2s. in boards; the history, civil and commercial, of the British colonies in the West-Indies: Containing a political and toprographical survey of the several English sugar islands; a comprehensive account of their ancient and present inhabitants, agriculture, and production, laws, government, constitutions, and commerce; an historical review of the slave trade; including some observations on the character, genius, dispositions, and situation of the enslaved Africans. Together with several incidental disquisitions, illustrative of the value and importance of these colonies, and their relation towards the several great interests, the manufactures, navigation, revenues, and lands of Great Britain. By Bryan Edwards, Esq. of this Island of Jamaica
- Stockdale, John, 1749?-1814
- London : Printed for John Stockdale, Piccadilly; 1793. A few copies are printed on a superfine wove medium, 1793.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (4 unnumbered pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Edwards, Bryan, 1743-1800
- Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 2: Slave trade in the Atlantic world
- Related Titles:
- History, civil and commercial, of the British colonies in the West Indies. Advertisement
- Price on title page: Price 2l. 12s. 6d., Reproduction of the original from the Cambridge University Library., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11936496