Historical collections of Louisiana and Florida, including translations of original manuscripts relating to their discovery and settlement, with numerous historical and biographical notes [electronic resource] / by B.F. French ... ; new series
- French, B. F. (Benjamin Franklin), 1799-1877
- New York : J. Sabin & sons, 1869.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (4 preliminary leaves, 362 pages)
- Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 2: Slave trade in the Atlantic world
- Memoir, addressed to Count de Pontchartrain, on the importance of establishing a colony in Louisiana by M. de Rémonville / [M. Argoud] 1697 -- Narrative of the voyage made by order of the King of France, in 1698, to take possession of Louisiana / M.P. Le Moyne d'Iberville. 1699 -- Annals of Louisiana, from the establishment of the first colony under M. d'Iberville, to the departure of the author to France, in 1722 / M. Pénicaut -- History of the first attempt of the French (the Huguenots) to colonize the newly discovered country of Florida / René Laudonnière.
- "Subscriber's copy no. 44." 500 copies printed, according to Sabin (Bibl. amer.), Preceded by the author's "Historical collections of Louisiana", 1846-53, 5 vols., and followed by his "Historical collections of Louisiana and Florida", 2d ser., 1875., French originals of the first and third pieces are found in Margry's "Découvertes et établissements des Français dans l'Ouest et dans la Sud", 1879-88, v. 4, p. 21-34, v. 5, p. 375-586. The fourth is reprinted from Hakluyt's translation of "L'histoire notable de la Floride", 1586., and AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11936854