Correspondence relative to the emigration to Hayti, of the free people of colour, in the United States [electronic resource] : together with the instructions to the agent sent out by President Boyer
- Dewey, Loring Daniel, 1791-1867
- New-York : Printed by M. Day, 1824.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (32 pages)
- Additional Creators:
- Boyer, Jean Pierre, 1776-1850, American Colonization Society, and Society for Promoting the Emigration of Free Persons of Colour to Hayti
- Correspondence of Loring D. Dewey and Jean Pierre Boyer, president of Haiti, published by the former. A proposal to promote the emigration of Negroes to Haiti was submitted by Dewey to the American Colonization Society, but was rejected. A new society, the Society for Promoting the Emigration of Free Persons of Colour to Hayti, was organized in June 1824.
AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS.
View MARC record | catkey: 11937058