Revue française [electronic resource].
- Paris : Au Bureau de la Revue Française.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (volumes).
- Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 3: The institution of slavery
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Publication Frequency:
- Reproduction of the original from the Collections of the Bibliothèque nationale de France., Published every two months from 1837-1839, Revue française provided articles regarding the place of slavery in a historic setting, but saw no place for the institution in a modern world. The periodical offered articles on the morality and economics of slavery, conditions in the sugar industry, biographies of abolitionists, and a description of slave raiding in Africa. Revue française offered several avenues for examining the institution of slavery., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., Reproduced from the source library are: Mar. 9, 1817-Apr. 1, 1839 (17 issues available)., and Images from the source libraries are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the nineteenth century.
View MARC record | catkey: 11938097