La Chambre de Lecture [electronic resource] : Journal scientifique, artistique et littéraire
- Paris : Impr. et lithographie de Maulde et Renou.
- Physical Description:
- 1 online resource (volumes).
- Slavery and anti-slavery: a transnational archive. Part 3: The institution of slavery
- Dates of Publication and/or Sequential Designation:
- Publication Frequency:
- Reproduction of the original from the Collections of the Bibliothèque nationale de France., La Chambre de lecture was a short-lived periodical, published in Paris twice a month from August 1841 until January 1842. The journal published some travel articles, which detailed categories and characteristics of blacks in the New World. Descriptions of categories of mulattoes and the process of determining the price of slaves provides information on key aspects of the institution of slavery., AVAILABLE ONLINE TO AUTHORIZED PSU USERS., Reproduced from the source library are: Aug. 17, 1841-Jan. 4, 1842 (10 issues available)., and Images from the source libraries are selected or scattered issues as well as various editions of the cataloged title and related titles (where indicated in the MARC record) as representative of the general publishing history of the title during the nineteenth century.
View MARC record | catkey: 11938098